If you are interested in story telling and photography this course is for you!
Photography + Writing = eBook
Learn how to combine photography (or scanned images) and digital writing to create a digital book ready for publication. Digital books may contain photos, text, audio files, and short movie clips. The class is held over 3, 2 hour sessions.
This class will introduce participants to apps and programs that allow for writing, photo editing, design and digital book creation. Students may choose to bring their own computers/mobile devices to class, but are encouraged to use equipment provided by WestView Learning.
The topics for your book could include non-fiction topics such as…
- My Garden, my home, my family, family history
- How to Instructions Like: A Recipe Book, A Build It Book..
- Travel Adventures – locally or further afield
- Other topics as per your interests
Topics for fiction titles could include story books for children that use photographs to highlight the text – such as poetry or local adventure stories.
Dates: Fall 2017 TBA
Cost: $99 + GST
Note: a minimum of 2 registrants are required for this course to proceed. Register early as there is only room for 4 participants.
Week 1 – The Basic Elements
- Exploring the steps in Digital Book Writing and Publishing
- Creating a story map and outline for your digital book
- Working with your images
- Learn the basics of photography to can get the most out of your camera!
- Learn the basics of a photo editing program to optimize your photographs
- Learn the basics of art program to further adjust and layer images to create your final image
Week 2 The First Draft!
- Working together to edit and extend the story maps and outlines into the first draft of the digital book
- Editing chosen images
- Creating a layout design for your eBook.
Week 3 Formatting & Creation of the eBook
- Fine tuning the layout design of your eBook
- Transferring text and images into the eBook Application
- Steps to distribution of eBook
To arrange for a course or personal coaching, please call 250 701-3359 or email