WestView Learning limits community classes to between 4-8 registrants to ensure sufficient social distancing between participants and instructors. Instructors wear a shield or mask to class. When seated, and providing all safety criteria identified by our provincial health officer are met, participants are able to remove their mask for periods of instruction. Participants and instructors are asked to wear PPE when entering the building and moving to their class area and between rooms.
At WestView Learning we will endeavour to remain available for face-2-face instruction with community members using the following protocol:
- appropriate physical distancing during instruction
- use of air Hepa purifiers with UV , PPE by instructors/participants, hand sanitizer, and acrylic dividers for best practice for shared space
- use of PPE during movement between activities in smaller spaces – mask or shield
- separated storage space for individual learner’s personal items (for kids’ classes)
- cleaning routines throughout the day to ensure high touch surfaces are frequently sanitized
- daily intensive cleaning of all surfaces