Basic Robotics with Lego’s EV3 Robot
- Note: students require access to the internet through either a computer or iPad or Android Tablet for working with the Robots. An EV3 kit will be loaned to students for the month of use. 6 AA batteries are required to run these robots. Cardboard, scissors, and painters masking tape are also required!
- Family instruction – 2 weeks loan of Robot/rechargeable batteries
- 8 online 30 minute instruction sessions to get you started building and working through the challenges.
- Cost: $175/2 week program
With Scratch, you can program your own interactive stories, games, and animations — and share your creations with others in the online community.
Scratch helps young people learn to think creatively, reason systematically, and work collaboratively — essential skills for life in the 21st century. http://www.scratch.mit.edu
WestView Learning offers learning SCRATCH 3.0 as an introduction to the structure of a programming language. SCRATCH is a block programming language – which means that literally blocks can be dragged into a program sequence, tweaked with reference to a sprite or a number, and a whole new game, animation or story can be created.
SCRATCH is a program that is accessible to students as young as 6 or 7 and as old as 99!
Programming with Scratch
- Note: students require access to the internet through either a computer or iPad or Android Tablet. Please note that a keyboard is required for tablets for coding activities! 2 lessons are scheduled per week – either Monday/Thursday or Tuesday/Friday
- Individual 30 min Classes – 4 lessons for beginners through intermediate – $60
- Group 60 min Classes – 4 lessons for beginners – $50 (price based on a group of 3 students)
- Individual 30 min Advanced students – project based instruction available upon request – $30/lesson
Please contact Heather to enquire about registering in these classes.