WordPress for Home Business
Learn how to create a WordPress site to improve your business outreach and customer experience. The class is held over 3, 1.5 hour sessions.
A minimum of 2, maximum of 4 participants are required for this course to be offered.
Cost: $70 + GST for 3, 1.5 hour sessions (Total 4.5 hours)
Dates: Spring 2017 upon request
- see WVL at ISC for current course dates
To arrange for a course or personal coaching, please call 250 701-3359 or email
Session 1: The Basics of WordPress
Note: During this session students will be exploring sample WordPress installs to prepare for creating their own WordPress installation in the 2nd, 3rd sessions
- Mapping your site’s purpose
- Set up details: domain, hosting services, cpanel interface
- Walk through the WordPress Dashboard’s Settings and Appearance
- Selecting a theme – considerations to keep in mind
- Basic pages, posts
Sessions 2: Setting up your own WordPress
- Review of your site’s particulars: host, domain, etc
- Review of the dashboard with emphasis on personalizing chosen themes, managing users, blog settings, etc.
- Adding Media to the Library
- Creating basic pages based on your site’s map/outline created in Session 1
- Introduction to common types of plugins: fonts, media
Session 3: Plugins Search Engine Optimization, and Maintenance Routines
- Review of status of each participant’s site according to their business map for the site
- Continuation of exploration of plugins including forms, and membership
- eCommerce overview – considerations